Year 9 Scholarships
- 3rd November: Deadline for bursary applications (external students only).
- 15th December: Deadline for Year 9 Scholarship applications (external applicants only – all internal students are automatically considered for Year 9 Scholarship awards).
- Year 9 Entrance Examinations and scholarship assessments on a one to one basis. Our Entrance Examination for Year 9 entry usually consists of formal papers in English (comprehension and creative writing) and Mathematics.
- 31st January: Offers made.
- Scholarship recipients informed.
- Bursary recipients informed.
- 5th March: Deadline for acceptance of place.
Year 7 Scholarships
For entry to Year 7 we offer the Christchurch Academic Scholarship which is awarded to the top-performing pupils based on performance in the Entrance Examination.
Year 7 entrants can also apply for our Gainsborough Art, Drama, Music and Sports Scholarships which are awarded to pupils who are outstanding in these areas. Further details are available on the Year 7 Scholarship page and in our admissions guide. To apply for a place in our Senior School, please complete the Registration Form on page 15 of our Admissions Guide or contact our Registrar for further information.